Steampunk Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A safe place for Teenage Roleplayers, Gamers, and Anime fanaddics alike

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Believing is Seeing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AAliceE
Oatmeal Cookie
Oatmeal Cookie
AAliceE

Believing is Seeing Empty
PostSubject: Believing is Seeing   Believing is Seeing Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm

There's always been magic in our world, we're just to ignorant to see it.

Four years ago an inexperienced sorcerer cast a spell on All Hallows Eve. The spell went horribly wrong and instead of opening a portal to another world of magic, it opened the door to a land in peril. You see, the world of Kivuli had been overrun by demonic shadow-like creatures, known as the Kifo, which needed to absorb life to survive. The Kifo are described by the people of Kivuli as "Shadows, with blood red eyes, long, claw-like hands, and robes." The sorcerer allowed the remaining Kivulians to come live on Earth. But as they walked through the portal, the Kifo followed, unknown. The sorcerer sealed the portal so nothing could get in or out, thinking the Kifo were on the other side.

One week after All Hallows Eve, several teenagers were admitted to a mental hospital, all claiming they saw shadows. Within the next two weeks a flood of children, teens, and young adults all were sent to mental hospitals, just about all of them saying shadows were trying to kill them.

The sorcerer, who happened to work at an asylum, began to hear the stories the people told, of the shadows killing, draining the life from people until they turned into mere piles of dust. Panicked, he pulled some strings (A few members of the government were also sorcerer's) and opened up an "asylum" just for those who could see the shadows. After speaking to them, he realized a similarity in them all. They believed in a world other than their own. They believed in ghosts, or aliens, or even magic, while those ignorant to worlds beyond our own could not see them.

The sorcerer spent endless hours reading ancient books, searching for answers as to how to get rid of the Kafu. On Christmas Eve the sorcerer found a book, in which it spoke of cloaked, shadow-like creatures that fed off of energy. He learned from the book that the creatures couldn't be in sunlight or they would disintegrate. And, he found out, that they couldn't resist the smell of fresh blood, especially that of a magical being. The next day he entered the asylum, exited beyond imagination, when a breaker blew. He made his way into the basement, book in hand. As he walked down, his arm scraped against a nail sticking out of the wall, and in a moment, thousands of Kifo fled to the basement, and in a moment, the sorcerer was gone, leaving only a pile of dust.

Those in the asylum had been told about the sorcerer and how he had brought the Shadow's (As they called them) to their world and when he went missing, they panicked. he was supposed to help them! Help the whole world! Rid them of the monstrosities that threatened their lives! And now he and the book that could save them were missing.

The Kifo liked Earth. It was teeming with life. Plants, animals, and humans who claimed they were better than animals (The Kifo saw no difference in any of them, although they did prefer plants. They didn't struggle). And so when they found out that the sorcerer that brought them here wanted to get rid of them, they got rid of him and fled with the book. The thought of destroying it never occurred to them. Or maybe it did but they kept it in tact, as if a challenge for the humans to find it. Either way, the book was kept underground, protected night and day, the guards alternating to feed.

Those in the asylum began to believe the sorcerer abandoned them, not wanting to deal with the burden of ridding a world of monstrosities. So, they decided it was time to try and rid the world of them themselves.

Basically:

Spoiler:

Rules:

1. Follow all SteamPunk Dragon rules.
2. No godmodding, power playuing, or anything like that. Quite frankly, it's lame.
3. No perfect characters. Your character can not have blue eyes, blond hair, be perfectly skinny and short, have the most beautiful face in the world, and be super smart, nice, outgoing, friendly, strong, and be the most popular girl in school. No, just... No. Stuff like that makes me want to be like this guy ---> ::emo:: Strange characters with major problems are so much cooler than that character.
4. No fighting. IC it's awesome, OOC it's not :C
5. I will add more rules if I feel the need to.

Form (Put these in the OOC thread please):

Name: (First and last is preferred)
Appearance: (Pics are okay, but I would prefer at least two good sentences as well.)
Personality: (I would really love it if you could put at least three good sentences.)
History: (Optional)
Other: (Anything I forgot?)

Wow, that forms shorter than most of mine...

Um, anyways, I think that's it... If I'm doing something wrong ro something, please feel free to pelt me with bricks
:Believing is Seeing 211726:
Back to top Go down

Believing is Seeing
Page 1 of 1